Tonight's meeting marks the first Common Council meeting of the year, as well as the introduction of the new mayor. Meeting schedules will be announced and new local government appointments will be made as well as the appointment of professionals in other city agencies such as the police department and fire department.
Here's a breakdown of what to expect:
- Swearing in of Ellen K. Dickson as Mayor, Gregory Drummond as Councilman-at-large, Dr. Robert J. Rubino as Councilman Ward I, Patrick J. Hurley as Councilman Ward II.
- Election of 2012 Common Council President, including President Pro Tem.
- Mayor Jordan gives his farewell address.
- State of the City address by Ellen Dickson.
- Presentation to retiring council members, Glatt, Stephen Murphy and Mike Vernotico.
- Ellen Dickson announces mayoral appointments for 2012
The reorganization meeting is preceded by a reception in the lobby of City Hall starting at 7 p.m. All are welcome.