About Town : HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM LORRAINE BOWYER!
I WISH YOU A HAPPY AND HEALTHY 2011. IF YOU DO NOT YET HAVE PLANS, READ ON...
It has been pretty quiet here this week, the blizzard and the subsequent dig out notwithstanding. If you find yourself without plans this New Year's Eve, there are still a few options.
Many of the local restaurants still have availability, however, you may have to go for dinner really early, or really late. Many of the Bring-Your-Own restaurants will not even be open until midnight, so you could have dinner and then have your own midnight celebration elsewhere.
Many of the bars will be open, but the only celebration planned is what you bring with you. For example, Roots Steak House, Fiorino's, and the Huntley Taverne have bars and you are welcome to come and hang out, but there will not be a special party or celebration other than the actual countdown.
- Bona Vita Osteria, La Pastaria, and Marco Polo have their regular menus and limited reservations, but will probably be closed by midnight, along with Winberie's which does have a special prix fixe menu for the evening.
- La Focaccia has limited reservations for a $95 prix fixe dinner and if you are there late, they'll have noisemakers and party hats to accompany the countdown.
- The Beacon Hill Tavern is closed for dining after 3:00pm and the bar will close at 6:00pm.
- The Elk's Club will be open as usual for members and their guests, but with no special party. The Office and the Hunt Club Grill at the Grand Summit Hotel seem to be your best options if you'd like to ring in the new year surrounded by festivities and a party atmosphere.
- The Office will have a DJ and food and drink specials with a complimentary champagne toast at midnight. They will be serving dinner until midnight and will have all the fixings for when the ball drops: hats, noisemakers, confetti, etc.
- The Hunt Club Grill is having a New Year's Eve Dinner Celebration (that is sold out) which started at $325 per couple or $425 which includes a hotel room. Although the dinner part is not an option, the bar will be open and the band, Elefante and Greene, will be entertaining guests all evening - complete with dancing and all the New Year's Eve accoutrements.
However you choose to ring in the New Year, I hope you thoroughly enjoy yourself, and most importantly, that you are safe. Thanks for reading my column; see you next year!