Some folks out there think Black Friday is just for big-box stores. For a list of those offers (and the long lines that accompany their deals) check out Patch's "Best Black Friday Deals at Target, Walmart and More," list.
If competing for that door-buster big screen TV isn't your style, why not shop local, because here in Summit many Downtown merchants are taking advantage of the Black Friday shopping buzz and offering plenty of deals and specials.
Take a look at our list:
Women's Clothing & Accessories
- Apricot Lane (273-0930), will have door-buster savings from 9a.m. to 6p.m. with raffles, giveaways and more. Check out their Facebook page for details on their tiered savings offer: 35 percent off from 9a.m. to 11a.m.; 25 percent from 11a.m. to 1p.m. and 15 percent off 1p.m. to 6p.m.
- Badawang Art (918-9252), open from 10:30a.m. to 5p.m. will hold a Black Friday special on items that may include scarves and other exotic products.
- CiCi Handbags (337-2033), is offering 50 percent off merchandise to the first 20 customers. Store opens at 10a.m. Call ahead for details.
- Dor L'Dor (522-6543), opens its doors at 9a.m. and will offer free giveaways including bracelets and lipgloss on all Black Friday purchases.
- J. McLaughlin (918-1801), will be open from 9a.m. to 5:30p.m. and offer it's first 25 customers a $25 gift card.
- Willow St. Boutique (277-3334), is offering a Black Friday gift card special. The store is open from 10a.m. to 6p.m.
Men's Clothing & Accessories
- John Hyatt (522-8790), offers 50 percent off all Vinyard Vines products including mens ties, belts and boxers. The store will be open from 10a.m. to 5:30p.m.
- Jos. A. Banks (273-6633) is holding a Black Friday sale starting Thursday at 10p.m. and running until 8p.m. on Friday.
- Nando Jewelers (918-0010), will offer 25 percent off jewelery purchases, and 20 percent off jewelry repair. They're open from 10a.m. to 7p.m.
- Schroth & Lorenson Jewelers ( 273-1676), is open from 9:30a.m. to 5p.m. The new Pandora charm debuts on Black Friday.
- The Silver Lining (277-6177), will offer Black Friday deals, call ahead or stop in for details.
Others Deals and Offers: Running, Biking Gear, Electronics, Music, Cards and More
- Bang & Olufsen (273-4700), will offer 10 percent off floor model items from10a.m. to 9p.m.
- Hilltop Bicycles (219-4622), open from 10a.m. to 6p.m., holds a 40 percent and 20 percent-off sale. Clothing is 40 percent off, while winter accessories including arm, shoe warmers, and hats will be 20 percent off.
- The Papery (608-9300), is offering free personalization on stationary and boxes of Christmas cards. They are also offering a four-for-three special on Christmas wrapping paper. Open from 10a.m. to 6p.m.
- Scotti's Record Shop (277-3893), open from 10a.m. to 6p.m., has exclusive Black Friday Record Story Day products and vinyl records. Check out the list of special releases. Live music from 12p.m. to 5p.m. featuring Captain Cloud, Dave Tucker, Tam Garcia, and Sean Villere.
- Summit Running Co., (516-2357), has 20% off sale merchandise, 25% off second pair of shoes, 25% off winter accessories and buy three get one free on Feetures product. Open from 10a.m. to 7p.m.
- Sweet Nothings (522-0888), will offer 20 percent off everything in the store from10a.m. to 6p.m.