Child, 6, Accidentally Injected With Adrenaline
An EMS squad was called to a residence on Summit Avenue after a child was injected with an epinephrine pen.
The Summit EMS squad was called to a residence on Summit Avenue Sunday night around the time emergency reports said a child had been injected with an epinephrine pen. EMS squad president John Staunton could only confirm that the EMS squad responded to an address in the 200 block of Summit Ave, but could not divulge the reason. The incident, which was reported over an emergency wire, was reported as an accident that involved a 6-year-old child.
Epinephrine, or adrenaline is commonly used to treat bronchial astham, acute allergies, glaucoma and heart block, according to WebMD.com. The status of the child is not known at this time. Requests for comment from the Summit EMS squad were not returned.
Summit Police would not comment on the incident and no further information was available.