CDC Says the Season Is Here: Where to Get Flu Shots in Summit
Here's where to get an influenza vaccine, how to recognize symptoms and what to know about treatment if you get sick.
- December 14, 2012
Flu season is coming early in parts of the United States.
Overall in New Jersey activity is considered high now, according to Flu Trends.
If you're considering getting a flu shot, here are some places in Summit that offer the vaccine (besides your own doctor, of course):
According to this week's CDC Flu activity report, influenza levels are on the increase across the country.
Five states – Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee – are reporting flu rates not normally seen until January, according to the Centers for Disease Control. The flu season normally peaks in January and February.
Holiday travel and more time spent indoors due to soggy weather will contribute to the spread of the flu virus, so now is the time to get vaccinated.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers the following information:
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- We Love Your Summit High School Prom Photos! Post Them on Patch
- 'Celebration of Life' For Paige Aiello in Summit Next Week
- UPDATE: Police Searching For Internet Celeb 'Kai the Hatchet-Wielding Hitchhiker' in Clark Homicide
- New Homes For Sale in Summit This Week
- Officials Approve Funding For Facilities Plan, Reject Full-Day Kindergarten