Gift Ideas for Last-Minute Shoppers
It's not too late! Find great gifts just in time for Christmas - even if you're shopping the day before!
- Great gifts to bring to Christmas Eve dinner or Christmas morning brunch: gourmet pretzels paired with chocolate fudge pretzel dip or gift of boxed chocolate cupcake mix with peppermint frosting, a packet of hot cocoa, and two pretty candy canes. Gift bags shown here are each $17.50 at Sweet Nothings. An assortment of additional gift bags and baskets is also available. Sweet Nothings will be open starting at 10 a.m. on Christmas through early afternoon.
- A pencil set from Sweet Nothings, complete with its own drawstring bag, is more of a gift than meets the eye. The "Know-It-All" Pencil Set for $10 comes with six pencils, each featuring a different fun fact. Examples are: "Primary Colors: Red, Yellow, Blue" and "Largest Mammal: Blue Whale." A great last-minute gift for a student, teacher, graduate, or "know-it-all" of any age.
- If you happen to be on your way to a festive holiday party and don't want to show up empty handed, why not bring a box of pretty petit fours? The miniature cakes are $4 each at Sweet Nothings.
- When you're in a pinch, chocolate always saves the day. Whether you're buying for a friend, family member, spouse or child, Sweet Nothings' variety of chocolates and chocolate covered sweets are sure to please. $18.00 per pound.
- Warm someone's tummy with a hot cocoa gift pack, complete with yummy vanilla marshmallows, holiday chocolates, a candy cane, and hot cocoa mix. Pair the gift with one of the many mugs for sale in the store which range in price from $7.50 to $18.75 at Sweet Nothings.
- When in doubt, there is always the wall of gift cards to choose from at CVS. From favorite restaurants to clothing shops and music downloads, you should be able to find a gift here for everyone on your list–even on the day before Christmas! Cvs is open from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Christmas Eve.
- At Scotti's Record Shop, browse through the collection of DVDs for an entertaining last-minute idea. While the shop features classics as well as new releases, also check out its selection of holiday films. DVD movies range in price from $19.99 to $29.99. Scotti's will be open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Christmas Eve.
- Fragrant candles featuring contemporary designs are $35 each at Catchware. Also at $35, Kobo brand candles mix a variety of fresh fragrances and make great gifts for anyone who might appreciate a little extra light and warmth in their living space. Catchware will be open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Christmas Eve.
- Wooden Liberty jigsaw puzzles aren't just for kids. These seriously unique puzzles feature beautiful images when put together such as the iconic Statue of Liberty, landscapes, exotic cityscapes, and colorful original artwork. But there is also great artistic character in the puzzle pieces themselves which are fashioned into the shapes of intricate figures and animals. The puzzles come in different sizes and range in price from $65 to $115 at Catchware.
- Gourmet food baskets from The Wine List are a great "grab and go" gift, said the store's owner. The food and treat baskets, each uniquely wrapped, contain items such as candy, cookies, crackers, chocolates, and nuts. The baskets are great additions to a party or a special gift for a relative or friend for $34.99. The Wine List will be open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Christmas Eve.
- A nice accompaniment to a gift basket or a restaurant gift certificate, or a great gift all on its own, is a celebrity chef cookbook. Find books by Pichet Ong, Ingrid Hoffman, and David Burke at The Wine List for $32.50.
- The Wine List will be stocked with festive gift baskets right up until Christmas Eve. The baskets feature gourmet goodies and bottles of selected wines and alcoholic beverages. This perfect last-minute gift idea will cost between $19.99 and $200, depending on your gift basket preferences.