Hey Summit, March 20th Marks the First Day of Spring
Now that spring is here, when will we see better weather?
Today marks the first official day of spring, but what does that mean when it still feels like winter?
The first day of Spring is also known as the vernal equinox, which is when the sun is at an opposite point from the celestial sphere, according to the Almanac. The sun rise was at 6:58 a.m. this morning and sunset is projected to occur at 7:10 p.m.
Today's forecast in Summit: Mostly sunny with a high of 44 degrees. Winds will range from 15 to 25 mph. Expect the evening to be at a low of 28 degrees.
If you're hoping the warmer weather is just another day away, unfortunately according to the Weather Channel, the next several days will feel the same as today with a few more clouds.
- March 21: Partly cloudy with a high of 39 degrees
- March 22:Partly cloudy with a high of 42 degrees
- March 23:Partly cloudy with a high of 45 degrees
- March 24:Partly cloudy with a high of 49 degrees
- March 25: Rain/snow showers with a high of 43 degrees
- March 26: Partly cloudy with a high of 50 degrees
- March 27: Scattered showers with a high of 48 degrees
- March 28: Partly cloud with a high of 48 degrees
Even though temperatures aren't nearly as warm as last year's 70's, are you still excited spring has arrived? What are you most looking forward to this season? Tell us in the comments!