Summit Firefighters Extricate Man Trapped in Staircase
A resident of Karen Way fell through his home's staircase and was trapped between the stairs and a crawl space below.
The Summit Fire Department received a call around 11:41 a.m. on March 21 that a man had fallen through an interior staircase of his Karen Way home and was entrapped halfway between the stairs and a crawl space below, according to officials.
The man was about four feet into the crawl space and was extricated by Summit firefighters, Deputy Fire Chief Eric Evers stated.
Both Summit Fire Department and Summit Volunteer First Aid Squad responded to the incident.
The resident was then transported to Overlook Medical Center by the First Aid Squad for non-life threatening injuries.