Summit Supports Our Troops Donates Girl Scout Cookies
Troops from Morristown sold 3,100 boxes of cookies.
There is something truly American about Girl Scout Cookies.
That's why Summit Supports Our Troops partnered with area Girl Scout Troops to send 3,100 boxes of girl scout cookies to troops stationed at home or abroad.
What do 3,100 boxes of girl scout cookies look like? They are packed into 61 boxes to be shipped. That's 1,900 lbs of girl scout cookies and almost $1,500 in postage.
"It's not uncommon," said Christine Truhe, founder and president of Summit Supports Our Troops, of donating girl scout cookies to the troops. "But the number we're up to is very uncommon."
Almost 40 troops from Morristown sold boxes of cookies for the troops and several troops in Summit are doing the same thing.
"What says America like Girl Scout cookies?" Truhe said.
If you would to like to purchase a box for the troops Girl Scouts will be selling cookies at the following locations:
- Friday, March 26: Train Station, 4-7 p.m. – Troop 185
- Saturday, March 27: Library, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. – Troop 1155
- Saturday, March 27: Liss Pharmacy, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. – Troop 1254
- Saturday, March 27: Summit Train Station, 10 a.m.-2 p.m – Watchung Troop
- Sunday, March 28: Starbucks, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. – Troop 244