The Week Ahead: City Budget Hearing, History of Dreadlocks, PAL Egg Hunt
Here's a look at some of the events this week in Summit.
Summit Patch gives you a look at news and events in the week ahead. For more events, be sure to check our calendar and feel free to add your own.
- Practice your French today at 6p.m. Fun French for Free event takes place at Weichert Realtors, 474 Morris Ave.
- Finding The Job You Really Want, Free Seminar, 7:30p.m. at New Providence United Methodist Church, 1441 Springfield Ave.
- Common Council Meets at 7:30pm at City Hall. On the agenda: The first in a two-part hearing on the 2012 Municipal Operating Budget and the presentation of the 2012 Summit Improvement District Budget.
- The Writers Circle Creative Writing Workshops kicks off Spring registration - Spring II & Summit Intro Session.
- Spring registration kicks off at The Connection for Women and Families, 79 Maple St.
- The Visual Arts Center's presents Dreads: A Photo History of Dreadlocks. This Thursday salon series event takes place from 7:30 PM - 9:00 PM. Seating is limited, so call (908) 273-9121 or reserve online.
- It's Good Friday. City Offices and Schools are closed.
- The Suburban Chambers of Commerce holds its First Fridays event at 8a.m. at the Grand Summit Hotel. Paul Finbow of the NJ Clean Energy Program will discuss energy saving techniques. Call 908-522-1700 for more information and to RSVP.
- The re-scheduled Summit PAL's Annual Easter Egg Hunt takes place today at 10a.m. at the Summit Family Aquatic Center