Invite a friend
Book Donations Collected - Springfield Library Beginning July 23 - August 8, 2012
Donations of clean, well kept, hard cover and paperback books, DVD’s and educational toys may be brought to the library July 23 – August 8, 2012.
The Friends of the Springfield Library will hold their annual Book Sale August 9 - 12, 2012 at the Springfield Free Public Library, 66 Mountain Avenue, Springfield.
Small donations may be brought to the library’s circulation desk. For larger donations, please call 973-376-4930 ex 221 to arrange for a drop-off. Please place large donations in small to medium sized cartons. Books in poor condition, Readers Digest Condensed books, text books and magazines are not saleable and will not be accepted. All contributions are tax deductible.
There will be a preview sale on Thursday, August 9, 10 a.m. – noon for members of the Friends. Memberships will be accepted the day of the sale. Memberships start at $10. The Public sale will begin at noon on August 9, 2012. Sale hours are: Thursday August 9 at noon – 8 p.m., Friday, August 10, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m., Saturday August 11, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m., and will end with a bag sale on Sunday August 12 noon - 4 p.m. On Sunday, each filled bag will cost $5 and the Friends will provide the bags.
The sale will also include a selection of costume jewelry. Donations of costume and fine jewelry are accepted all year long at the library’s circulation desk. The Friends Annual Jewelry Sale will be October 12 - 14, 2012.
Volunteers are needed to assist with the set up, sale, and clean up. Those interested in helping with the sale should call Bill Holmes at 973–379–9637 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More About Springfield Free Public Library
The Springfield Free Public Library offers reference books, fiction and non-fiction books, books on tape, magazines, periodicals, online resources, various adult and children's classes and more. The single floor library is broken down into the main library, a multi-purpose room, a video and music rental area, two small quiet rooms, a youth room and a small art museum.
While the library was established in 1931 by the Springfield parent-teacher association, the present-day building the library occupies was erected in 1969.
Other events here
- Let's Play Chess April 29, 2013 / May 6, 2013 / May 13, 2013 / May 20, 2013, 7:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Mother Goose Group at the Library May 3, 2013 / May 7, 2013 / May 11, 2013 / May 14, 2013 / May 21, 2013 / May 25, 2013 / May 29, 2013, 10:30 am–11:00 am
- Wii games at the library Weekly on Wednesdays, 4:00 pm–5:00 pm
- Chair Yoga with Pamela Nixon Weekly on Fridays, 12:30 pm–1:30 pm
- Storycraft at the Library Weekly on Fridays, 4:00 pm–4:30 pm
- Lunchtime Film Series Tue, May 28, 1:00 pm–3:00 pm
- Yoga Storytime May 10, 2013 / May 17, 2013 / May 31, 2013, 10:30 am–11:00 am
- 23-year-old Springfield Native To Talk About College Admissions at the Springfield Public Library Mon, Jun 10, 7:00 pm
- Renewed Church Monthly, 1:30 pm–4:00 pm
- New Traveling Exhibition Tells the Story of Abraham Lincoln’s Struggle to Meet the Constitutional Challenges of the Civil War Daily,