Invite a friend
LIVESTRONG at the YMCA Cancer Recovery Program
The Summit and Berkeley Heights YMCAs will continue to offer LIVESTRONG at the YMCA, a free twelve-week, small group exercise and recovery program designed for adult cancer survivors. LIVESTRONG starts at the Summit YMCA on September 10, meeting Mondays and Wednesdays, at 12:30 pm to 2:00 pm for 12 sessions.
The program will also start at the Berkeley Heights YMCA on September 11, meeting on Tuesdays and Thursdays, from 6:00 pm to 7:15 pm.
LIVESTRONG at the YMCA fulfills the important need of supporting the increasing number of cancer survivors who
find themselves in the transitional period between completing their cancer treatment and the shift to feeling physically and emotionally strong enough to attempt to return to their normal life or their "new normal". The
program is conducted outside of medical facilities to emphasize that LIVESTRONG at the YMCA is about health, not disease. This is a free program, open to the community.
YMCA fitness instructors work with each participant to fit the program to their individual needs. The instructors are
trained in the elements of cancer, post rehab exercise and supportive cancer care. Pre-registration and medical clearance is required.
For more information contact Sue Fieseler, Member Connector, Summit YMCA, 67 Maple Street, 908-273-1167, sue.fieseler@theSAY.org; or Lisa Monaghan, Wellness Director, Berkeley Heights YMCA, 550 Springfield Avenue, 908-464-2026, lisa.monaghan@theSAY.org.
The Summit Area YMCA is one of the area’s leading charitable 501(c)3 organizations. Our programs and services are open to all through our financial assistance programs made possible through the generosity of our members, donors and partners. To help us help others, make your tax-deductible donation today at www.theSAY.org
More About YMCA
Programs at the Summit YMCA include swim lessons and aquatics, child care, community development, day camp, sports and recreation, and fitness and wellness programs.
Other events here
- Summer Camp Registration Daily, 6:00 am–10:00 am
- Bridal Boot Camps at the Summit YMCA Daily, 9:00 am–10:00 pm
- Stroller Strong Class at the Summit YMCA Weekly on Mondays and Fridays, 10:00 am–11:00 am
- Play Bridge at the Summit YMCA Weekly on Mondays and Wednesdays, 12:30 pm–3:00 pm
- Mah Jongg at the Summit YMCA Weekly on Fridays, 12:30 pm–2:30 pm
- Senior Book Club at the Summit YMCA September 4, 2012 / October 2, 2012 / November 6, 2012 / December 4, 2012 / January 8, 2013 / February 5, 2013 / March 5, 2013 / April 2, 2013 / May 7, 2013 / June 4, 2013, 1:00 pm–2:00 pm