Lent is the season of reflection and fasting leading to Easter. Here, Summit Patch brings you a list of churches in the city that are offering Ash Wednesday services today, marking the beginning of the Lenten season.
- St. John's Lutheran Church at 587 Springfield Ave. will hold Ash Wednesday services at 12 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
- United Methodist Church of Summit at 17 Kent Place Blvd. will host a Service of Worship at 7 p.m. in the Chapel.
- Central Presbyterian Church at 70 Maple St. will hold an Ash Wednesday Worship Service at 8 p.m.
- St. Teresa of Avila Roman Catholic Church at 306 Morris Ave. will hold Masses at 7 a.m., 8:30 a.m., 12:10 p.m., 7 p.m. and 8 p.m. (Spanish). There will also be a Prayer Service held at 3:30 p.m.
- Calvary Episcopal Church at 31 Woodland Ave. will hold services at 12 p.m. and 7 p.m. From 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 a.m., parishioners will stand on the Summit Train Station platform to offer ashes to commuters and travelers who want them.