The second annual Hilltopper Alumni Weekend will be held October 19-21, 2012. All Summit High School alumni are invited back to Summit to attend a weekend of educational, sporting and social events that will allow them to experience all that the great town and the school system has to offer today. This Hilltopper Alumni weekend promises to offer fun activities for all ages and interests.
The event-filled weekend kicks off on Friday, October 19th with:
- Career Day at Summit High School with guest lectures by notable alumni from 9:00 am – 2:30 pm.
- Cross Country Multi-Team Meet at Memorial Field - 4:00 pm.
- Hilltopper Alumni Party at the Hat Tavern in the Grand Summit Hotel starting at 6:00 pm.
Super events slated for Saturday the 20th:
- Claremont Realty Group sponsored golf outing at the Municipal Golf Course starting at 9:00 am.
- Lunch open to all alumni, family and friends hosted by Towne Deli from 11:30 am – 1:30 pm at SHS.
- Tours of SHS, presented by the SHS Student Council 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm.
- Summit Hilltopper Football Game at Tatlock Park’s Investor Saving’s Field – 2:00 pm.
- SHS Alumni Reunion parties on Saturday evening.
- Class of 1962 – 50th Reunion – Canoe Brook Country Club
- Class of 1972 – 40th Reunion – Grand Summit Hotel
- Class of 1982 – 30th Reunion – The Elks Club
- Class of 1987 – 25th Reunion – The Office
- Class of 1992 – 20th Reunion – Marco Polo Restaurant
Sunday, October 21st wrap-up:
Hilltopper Alumni Coffee at the DeBary Inn 265 Springfield Avenue, Summit starting at 10:00 am.
“Coming off our initial year of creating an all alumni weekend, we have managed to schedule six milestone reunions from Summit High to hold their get-togethers over this weekend so all can partake in the great events planned and reconnect with friends from all years, stated Peter Laughlin, Hilltopper Alumni Weekend committee member and SHS class of ’75 grad. Our goal is still to have alumni reconnect with the Summit community and to showcase all that the school system, downtown, performing arts, and athletic events have to offer,” he added.
This weekend is the perfect opportunity for SHS graduated classes to join in the fun and plan their reunion and get your friends back to Summit. Please visit www.hilltopperalumni.com for more information or Kim Bredahl at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more and help make the weekend one to remember!