- Summit website: Garbage pick-up has been suspended for Tuesday, October 30. Collection routes will resume on Wednesday, October 31.The Summit Transfer Station will be closed on Tuesday, October 30.
- All NJ Transit bus and rail service was ordered shut down by Gov. Christie on Sunday.
- The Connection will be closed Monday and Tuesday, October 29th and 30th. On Wednesday, to those in our area without power, we offer the use of our facilities for showers, power charging and good old fashioned community outreach. --The Connection for Women and Families
- SAGE offices are closed and there will be no meal delivery today.
- City Hall offices will be closed on Monday.
- FedEx shipments to Newark are cancelled, according to the US Postal Service website. No word yet on mail delivery.
- Summit Public Schools are closed through Tuesday, as well as Summit private and parochial schools, including Kent Place School, Oak Knoll and Oratory Prep.
- Starbucks on Beechwood Avenue and others in the surrounding area are closed.
- Summit Parking Garages (Broad Street Garage and Tier Garage on Springfield Ave) are open and free to residents who live in low lying areas. Get your vehicle there by noon on Monday. Large trucks, SUVs and cars with racks on top are discouraged from using the garages.
- Fiorino restaurant plans to be open for normal business hours, if it's safe to do so. Update: The restaurant has decided to close for the day.
- The Summit YMCA and affiliated branches are closed on Monday, including The Learning Circle YMCA, Berkeley Heights YMCA, The Summit YMCA Youth Center.
- The Connection for Womean
- Chase bank is offering customers a break on late fees for credit cards, loans and overdraft charges until Thursday.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something