Summit Patch gives you a look at news and events in the week ahead. For more events, be sure to check our calendar and feel free to add your own.
- The Summit Area AARP hosts a session on consumer fraud aimed at seniors. The session will be led by Florence L. Peterson who directs the Union County Division of Consumer Affairs, Department of Public Safety. The event starts at 9:30a.m. at St. John’s Lutheran Church, 587 Springfield Ave.
- Planning Board Meets at 8p.m. in City Hall to consider a Highland Drive subdivision with variances to construct two homes.
- Fun French For Free conversation session at 6 p.m. at , 474 Morris Ave.
- Board of Education holds public hearing on the 2012 Proposed Schools Budget 6p.m. followed by a meeting of the Board of School Estimate at 6:30p.m. in the Whitman Room, 2nd Floor, City Hall.
- Celebration of Special Athletes sponsored by Summit Department of Community Programs, Investors Bank and TryCAN takes place from 7pm to 9pm at the main gym, 272 Morris Avenue.
- Women's Sexual Abuse Support Group meets at 7:30p.m. at .
- Summit Housing Authority meets at 7p.m. in City Hall's Janet Whitman Room.
- will hold its annual Science Expo from 6:30p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- offers Free tax assistance to seniors starting at 9am.
- B.I.G. Summit launches at . B.I.G is a group that "women brainstorm new ideas, consider barter opportunities, make new business contacts, share success stories and frustrations, find new clients, and help each other move toward their goals. " From 10a.m. to 11:30a.m. Contact Melanie Wilson for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- holds its annual Spring Dance for 7th and 8th graders starting at 7p.m.