Summit Medical Group is hosting its third "Live Well Sports and Health Festival" this Sunday, from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. on its campus at 1 Diamond Hill Road, rain or shine.
This event is free and open to the public.
Attendees at this year’s Festival can look forward to meeting the following Olympians:
- Tim Morehouse, London 2012 U.S. Olympic and National fencing champion
- David Zhuang, World Table Tennis Champion and Olympic competitor
- Members of the U.S. Olympic Rowing Team, including: London 2012 gold medal winner and three-time medallist, Caryn Davies; Sara Hendershot, 2012 Olympian; and Ellen Tomek, 2008 Olympian.
There’ll be activities and learning experiences for the entire family, including:
- Table Tennis
- Golf Simulator
- Orbitron Human Gyroscope
- Biking Demo
- Rock Wall Climbing
- Hay Maze
- Pumpkin Painting
- Face Painting
We've also invited top local chefs for demonstrations and samples of healthy foods:
- The Conscious Plate's Randy Rabney
- Paolo's Kitchen
- Shining Health Holistic Nutrition Counseling, Csilla Bischoff
- Woodstock Farms
- Classic Thyme
Additionally, visitors can attend sports-health lectures given by New Jersey's top sports doctors:
- Noon — The Arthritic Knee in the Middle Aged Athlete, Eric Mirsky, MD, Orthopedic Surgeon
- 12:30 p.m. — Common Shoulder Problems, Matthew Garberina, MD, Orthopedic Surgeon
- 1 p.m. — Back Pain and Lumbar Disc Herniations, Ilya Kupershtein, MD, Spinal Surgeon
- 1:30 p.m. — ACL Injuries, Stephen Kocaj, MD, Orthopedic Surgeon
- 2 p.m. — Take Care of Your Hands, Joseph Barmakian, MD, Orthopedic Hand Surgeon
- 3 p.m. — Tackling Sports Concussions Head On, Jeffrey Rosenberg, MD, Sports Medicine
ABOUT SUMMIT MEDICAL GROUP
Summit Medical Group (SMG) is the largest privately held multi-specialty medical practice in New Jersey. SMG has pioneered information technology advances in health care with its early adoption of electronic health records and e-prescribing. With more than 270 highly qualified healthcare providers, it is one of the most unique health care models in the state. SMG has an award-winning customer service program and NJBiz magazine has named it one of New Jersey's "Fifty Fastest Growing Companies." SMG treats more than 55,000 patients per month at its main campus in Berkeley Heights as well as its satellites in Bayonne, Berkeley Heights, Morristown, Millburn, Short Hills, Springfield, New Providence, Warren, Westfield, and West Orange. As one of the East Coast's premier multi-specialty groups, SMG has provided exceptional primary and specialty care since 1929. For more information, visit www.summitmedicalgroup.com.