Summit Police recently handled two reported thefts of iPhones as well as numerous arrests throughout the city.
On Jan. 29, an iPhone valued at $400 was taken from either the doctor's coat room or the cafeteria in Overlook Hospital, which occurred sometime between 5:30 p.m. and 6 p.m. Days later, an iPhone valued at $200 was stolen after being left at Summit Library around 3 p.m.
Five individuals were arrested between Jan. 22 and Feb. 4 for Driving While Suspended, including:
- Freddy Bagorria, a 50-year-old Clinton resident
- Isabel Abrew, a 43-year-old Summit resident
- Jean Peguero, a 26-year-old of Weehawkin, who was also arrested for Contempt of Court
- Monica Aviles, a 29-year-old Summit resident
- Jason D. Hunter, a 26-year-old New Providence resident
Other arrests include:
- Robert T. Mitchell, a 73-year-old Summit resident, for Eluding
- Osvaldo Floro Lopez, a 34-year-old Summit resident, for Hindering Apprehension or Prosecution 3rd Degree and Contempt of Court
- Robert J. Pilotti, a 29-year-old Summit resident, for Disorderly Conduct and Resisting Arrest 4th Degree
Editor's note: This information was obtained from the Summit Police Department.