The Summit Boys’ Swim Team clinched its first state title in school history over Moorestown this morning, 88-82, at The College of New Jersey.
Ryan Sebastian won the 100 fly and 100 breast, while Luca Guadagno won the 200 free, said Head Coach Luke Piede. Kevin fries won the 50 free and Tim Kostolansky won the 500 free.
"It was an extremely competitive meet," Piede said. "Depth played a key roll in the victory."
Here are more details about the top placements from Summit in today's meet, according to The-Star Ledger:
- Summit swimmer took second place finish in 400 freestyle relay, the final event, to win the meet.
- Ryan Sebastian took first in 100 breaststroke with a time of 59.42.
- Summit swimmer took first in 200 freestyle relay with time of 1:28.89.
- Tim Kostolansky placed first in the 500 freestyle with a time of 5:01.67.
- Summit swimmers took second, third and fourth in the 100 freestyle despite Moorestown’s Alex Martin taking first.
- Ryan Sebastian placed first in the 100 fly with time of 50:55.
- Luca Guadagno took first in the 200 freestyle with a time of 1:47.15.
- Kevin Fries took first in 50-freestyle with time of 21.65.
This tremendous victory comes on the heels of a thrilling 87-83 victory over Princeton on Tuesday and winning 9 out of 11 events at the county final. The Star-Ledger slightly favored the No. 5 Moorestown team over the No. 7 Hilltoppers before the meet.
Here are the Summit swimmers who competed today:Name Grade Andrew Aguilera 11 Tom Anderson 12 Will Beckett 12 William Benn 12 Matt Celona 12 Jimmy Currie 12 Thomas Disibio 11 Kevin Fries 12 Peter Gangi 10 Luca Guadagno 12 Alexander Ingerman 10 Timothy Kostolansky 11 Khory Kotowski 11 Tyler MacDonald 11 Patrick Murray 10 Michael Peck 12 Matthew Richson 11 Matthew Samay 9 Ryan Sebastian 11 Matthew Stern 10 Daniel Stone 9 Andrew Thieck 11 Alexander Thomson 12 Jack Williams 9
Are you a big fan of the Summit Boys' Varsity Swim team?
You'll also want to see:
- Summit Swim Team Competes in State Championship Today at TCNJ
Editor's Note: Check back for more updates on the Hilltoppers' thrilling victory. Did you watch the Summit Swim Team defeat Moorestown today in the State Championship? Please add your photos and videos to our gallery by clicking "upload photos and videos." Or feel free to send your photos/videos to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, and we'll post 'em on Summit Patch.