Home to some of the nation's leading doctors and featuring specialized centers for stroke, brain tumors, cancer and bariatrics, Overlook Medical Centerl is part of the Atlantic Health System. It is the only hospital on the East Coast currently offering Calm Birth, an alternative approach to labor that focuses on neuromuscular release and meditation.
Visiting hours are as follows:
- General: Daily, 11am - 8pm
- Maternity: Parents: Daily, 24 hrs. Family: Daily, 11am - 8pm. Non-Family: Daily, 6pm - 8pm.
- Behavior Health: Mon - Fri, 6pm - 8pm; Sat, Sun, 2pm - 8pm
Labor and Delivery, the Intensive Care Unit, Neuro Intensive Care Unit, Cardiac Care department and Neo-Natal ICU are limited to family visitors only.
- Hours: Daily, 24 hrs
- Handicap Accessible: There are ramps where needed and elevators inside the facility.
- Appointments: Walk-in accepted
- Accreditations/certifications: Joint Commission
- Affiliations: Cancer Institute of New Jersey and the primary academic and clinical affiliate in New Jersey of Mt. Sinai School of Medicine and The Mt. Sinai Hospital in New York, N.Y.
- Parking: Paid lot, Valet
- Number of beds: 504
- Features: Cafeteria, Chapel, Gift/flower shop, Valet parking
- Departments: Cancer center, Cardiology, Dental surgery, Dermatology, Gastroenterology, Intensive care unit, Internal medicine, Neurology, OB/GYN, Orthopedic services, Pathology, Pediatrics, Physical therapy, Plastic surgery, Psychiatric ward, Radiology, Rehabilitation services, Surgery, Trauma center, Urology
- Visiting hours: Daily, 11am - 8pm; see description for a full list of visiting hours.
- Helipad: No