Summit Municipal Golf Course
In 1967, the Summit Municipal Golf Course was designed and constructed on 13 acres of land that was once a private estate. This award-winning course is the gem of the Summit Park system. The initial design of Par 3, which consists of nine holes, was done by well-known golf architect Hal Purdy. Summit made history as the first community to open a municipality-built golf course in New Jersey.
The “Muni” is open early April through November.
Several golf tournaments are offered annually. The Youth Golf Tournament, for children ages 8–15, is held in late September. The Victor H. Picozzi Senior Golf Tournament is held the first Monday after Labor Day. The Liberty Open is the course championship that begins in May and runs until the end of August.
- Hours: Daily, dawn to dusk from April through November
- Membership info: Memberships are available to Summit residents/taxpayers with several membership categories. A limited number of memberships are reserved for Union County and Chatham/Chatham Township residents.
- Parking: Free lot
- Public/Private: Public
- Number of courses: 1
- Aggregate number of holes: 9
- Par: 3
- Facilities: Putting green
- Services: Equipment rentals, Group clinics, Kids' classes, Private instruction
- Par 3: Yes
- Tee settings: Men's, Pro, Women's, Youth
- Restrictions: No alcohol, No outside food, No pets, No smoking
- Casual attire: Yes