Serving generations of residents, Towne Deli has garnered a somewhat legendary reputation in Summit and surrounding areas.
The subs and Sloppy Joes (New Jersey style, of course) are celebrated but the shop also serves additional American eatery fare such as egg salad sandwiches and cheese steaks. There are also more adventurous choices like the Cajun po boy and coconut chicken wrap.
Reputed to make Jersey's favorite chocolate chip cookie and iced tea, the deli also provides a wine and beer selection, a catering menu, and a freezer stocked with freshly made pastas and soups. The deli is located across from the New Providence train station.
- Fax: 908-464-1858
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 6am - 7pm; Sat, 7am - 6pm; Sun, 10am - 3pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: 1958
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Products: Breakfast, lunch, catering, wine, beer, cigarettes, bread, snacks
- General services: Catering, Eat-in, Phone orders, Prepared foods, Take-out
- Menu link: www.townedelinj.com
- ATM: Yes
- Parking: Free lot
- Ice: Yes
- Items: Beer, Coffee, Ice, Newspapers/magazines, Pastry, Sandwiches made to order, Soda, Tobacco products
- Regional specialty: American
- Grocery services: Beer, Spirits, Wine
- Firewood: No
- Propane: No